Business copywriting services
Freelance business copywriting - website content, report writing, blogs, etc.
Do copywriting jobs take you SEVERAL drafts?
Short of time? Want a fresh pair of eyes?
Why use a freelance copywriter
Many organisations/businesses get their brochures, websites and other documents written in-house, by a member of staff. But using a freelance copywriter brings lots of advantages over using someone in-house. Here are three main ones of using a freelancer:
(1) We bring a fresh pair of eyes to your existing text, e.g spotting your USP.
(2) We raise the sort of questions your staff are embarrassed to ask.
(3) We enjoy and are experienced at playing with words, working tirelessly to get things 'spot on'.
... 10 Reasons to use a copywriter (Read my blog)
... and why use me?
I have been copywriting for businesses since 2007, and am a member of the Professional Copywriters' Network. My greatest experience is of writing website text, tourist information signs/literature, brochures, case studies, reports and blogs (a full list of experience is below).
Based in Oxford, I have worked for clients in Oxfordshire/Oxon, the Thames Valley and across the UK.
As freelance journalist — who has to master new subjects quickly, write for national audiences, and tailor their writing for different readerships — I can give your project 3 important benefits:
- QUICK TURNAROUND — good at understanding your brief, and the product/service
- CLEAR and SUCCINCT writing — that engages readers
- ADAPTABLE writing style — for whatever your target readers/markets.
'I would highly recommend Robert.'
'We have used Robert many times and will work with him again when suitable projects come up. I would highly recommend him.' (Rob Shelley - Director of Shelley Signs, Shropshire)
Business copywriting services/
Web and content writing
My repertoire and experience
- bids for funding
- book chapters
- case studies
- project summaries
- tourist information panels
- tourist information literature (printed and audio)
- training manuals
- website text
Improve your website content/SEO
Reviewing websites, and writing new text, is a major area of my copywriting work. For those starting out and wanting advice, writing web text means achieving 4 objectives:
- Found easily on Google (Search Engine Optimisation, SEO)
- Connects with readers
- Establishes your credibility
- Persuades target customers to BUY.
I write website text/SEO content for lots of organisations. Each year I rewrite the text for 10+ websites, and review 20+ for delegates attending my Writing for the Web training courses. Let me review your website and give you some ideas.
SPECIAL OFFER to new clients
Need help with a blog?
If you are thinking of writing a blog, first think about these issues ... Who you are writing for? What do they want to read about? How will you measure 'success'? Also, think of topics to blog about, and if others can help you write - so you don't run out of steam, to ensure your blog keeps going.
I can do ghost blogging for you.
I run a 'Get Blogging' training course, and also an 'Improving your Blog' course.
Drawing on my experience as a freelance journalist, I have good experience that I can share on: spotting topics of most interest to readers, how to write engaging content, and how to promote a blog to wider audiences.
... For more blog and writing tips (Read my blog)
Business copywriting clients (2010-16)
- Accordia Training Partnership
- Bannisters estate agents
- Guardsman UK
- Hidden Value Partners *
- Hunts, Oxford
- Jazz Donkey
- JD and Associates
- Kenning Illustration and Creative Design *
- MD2MD *
- Me Learning
- Milton Park
- MTM Skills Training
- Shelley Signs *
- Strategic Mentors
- Thinking Training
- TMS Development International *
- WordsIn Time
- Economic and Social Research Council *
- Harper Adams University College *
- Oxford Internet Institute, Oxford University *
- Oxford University Geography Department
- National Care Farm Initiative
- National Union of Journalists
* indicates repeat customer/multiple jobs
What will your copywriting cost? £25/hr – £45/hr