20+ writing courses to match your needs
Public, private and third sector experience
Bite-sized courses available (90 mins)
Business writing skills courses
- How to write effectively
- Minute taking
- Press Releases / Winning media coverage
- Report writing (Structuring, Making them easy to read, Polishing up)
- Writing for results (Writing emails, Writing a business case, Writing for the web)
Writing for Today's Needs
- Blogging (beginner's course)
- Improve your blog (intermediate)
- Writing for the Web (with FREE review/feedback)
- Improving your website's SEO
Fundamentals of Good English
- Editing, restructuring and rewriting
- Feature writing
- Introduction to journalism
Other modules ...
- Tone of voice. How to write with ease and speed. Persuading readers. Tips from the pros. What makes writing hard. Overcome writing's challenges. (These components can be added into any of the above.)
Clients worked for ... and their feedback
I have 20 years’ training experience, and since 2007 have been delivering business writing skills training courses for businesses, middle managers, communications offices, PR staff, journalists and others.
I work for public, private and third sector clients, in small and large groups, across the UK.
Each year I run 25–35 training courses in a range of business writing skills, training 250+ people in groups and individually. In 2016, for example, I ran 30 days training and trained 270 delegates. Most training courses are one day long, some are two days, and more recently there has been demand for bite-sized business skills courses lasting 90 minutes.
90-minute courses -- Concise, Convenient and Cost-effective
If you are looking for something Concise, Convenient (delivered in your offices) and more Cost-effective than a full day out of the office (plus travel costs), ask me about my new, 90-minute training courses - in the exact topic of your choice.
Off-the-shelf 90-minute courses that I can run for you at short notice include the following: Report Writing (Structuring Your Report and Making it Easy to Read); Writing for Results (Emails, Building a Business Case and Writing for the Web); and Clarity and Simplicity (Spelling, Punctuation and Grammar).
Here is some sample feedback on my training:
'Robert's training was thoroughly fascinating.'
'We wanted to introduce new styles of writing. Robert's training was a perfect blend of theoretical and practical, and was thoroughly fascinating... it helped us apply different styles to the variety of publications we use, from formal briefs to our less formal magazine articles.' (Louise Simpson - Evidence Director, Army Families Federation)
- Gloucestershire Enterprise
- Hemsley Fraser
- Intelligent Dialogue
- Kaplan UK
- Oxford University - Department of Contunuing Education
- Media Training
- Reed Learning
- TTC Specialist Training
- WM Group
- Directory of Social Change
- Gloucestershire Association for Community and Voluntary Action
- Reading Voluntary Action
- Society for Editors and Proofreaders
Training course evaluation
In post-training surveys of 70 delegates I got praise for:
- My contribution – rated as either Excellent (48%) or Very Good(38%)
- My materials/workbooks – rated Excellent (20%) or Very Good (56%)
Sample courses and clients
(June — October 2017)
- Report Writing (Hemsley Fraser ) — 12 & 16 June
- Report Writing (RBKC, London) — 20 June
- Writing for Results (RBKC, London) — 10 July
- Writing Emails (Private) — 14 July
- Improve your Blog (Dept. Continuing Education) — 2 September
- Writing for the Web (DSC) — 7 September
- Writing for the Web (EBA) — 21 September
- Report Writing (Hemsley Fraser ) — 26 & 27 September
- Non-fiction writing (Conted., Univ of Oxford) - 21 October
- Editing for effect (Hemsley Fraser ) — 1-2 November
What will your training cost?
£199 (90-minute bite-sized seminars)
£450+ (one-day courses)
£800+ (bespoke training)
Prices subject to course location, administration costs and delegate numbers.
Email me an outline of your needs ... within 2 days I will send you:
A detailed quote
Draft agenda / course outline
Training workbook (sample)