Index for Business Writing Tips (my book)
The only real critique of my book, when I gave an interview at a book launch in Blackwell’s Oxford last year …
What about an index?
Well, I spent the quiet days of January writing one, so the Index is now available to those wanting it.
The index – what it features
There are over 130 entries covering 3+ pages/columns, with guidance on the following items standing out – at least in terms of cited references, not actual pages.
- Great practice examples of copywriting (12 entries)
- How using quotes can help your writing (7)
- The benefits of structure – to speed up and improve your work (7)
- Examples of grabbing first lines (7)
- The importance of news hooks to win media coverage (5)
- Abbreviations – i.e. the book covers grammar and punctuation, but not spelling (5)
- How to use stories to beef up your writing (4)
- Don’t forget to emphasise your key messages (4)
- When and how to start/begin writing (4).
Happy Reading … and Happy New Year