Transform your text - Get fresh ideas & inspiration
Convert more leads ... WIN that tender
Add some magic to a document
The benefits of using a freelancer
Many organisations/businesses get their brochures, websites and other documents written in-house, by a member of staff. But using a freelance copywriter brings lots of advantages over using someone in-house.
3 main benefits of using a freelancer:
(1) You get a fresh pair of eyes to an existing text, as seen from your client's perspective.
(2) We ask the key questions - that staff can be embarrassed to ask.
(3) We love playing with words, and will work tirelessly to get things 'spot on'.
5 more reasons here (From my blog)
And here are 3 reasons to use me
I have been copywriting for businesses since 2007, and am a member of the Professional Copywriters' Network. My greatest experience is of writing website text, tourist information signs/literature, brochures, case studies, reports and blogs (for a full list of experience see below).
As a freelance journalist — which required mastering new subjects quickly, writing for national audiences, and tailoring their writing for different readerships — I can give your project 3 important benefits:
* QUICK TURNAROUND — good at understanding your brief, and the product/service
* CLEAR and SUCCINCT writing — that engages readers
* ADAPTABLE writing style — for whatever your target readers/markets.
My business copywriting services
Repertoire and experience
- bids for funding
- book chapters
- case studies
- project summaries
- tone of voice
- tourist information panels
- tourist information literature (printed and audio)
- training manuals
- website text
Improve your website content/SEO
Reviewing websites, and writing new text, is a major area of my copywriting work. For those starting out and wanting advice, writing web text means achieving 4 objectives:
- BE FOUND easily on Google (Search Engine Optimisation, SEO)
- CONNECT well with readers
- ESTABLISH your credibility
- PERSUADE your target customers to buy.
I write website text/SEO content for lots of organisations. Each year I rewrite the text for 10+ websites, and review 20+ for delegates attending my Writing for the Web training courses.
Get a FREE review of your website, to get some ideas.
SPECIAL OFFER to new clients only
'I would highly recommend Robert.'
'We have used Robert many times and will work with him again when suitable projects come up. I would highly recommend him.' (Rob Shelley - Director of Shelley Signs, Shropshire)
Need help with a blog?
If you are thinking of writing a blog, first think about these issues ... Who you are writing for? What do they want to read about? How will you measure 'success'? Also, think of topics to blog about, and whether others can help you write - so you don't run out of steam, and to ensure your blog keeps going. A key factor in success.
I run TWO blogging courses you can draw on:
- 'Get Blogging'
- 'Improving your Blog'
Drawing on my experience as a freelance journalist, I have good experience that I can share on: spotting topics of interest to readers, how to write engaging content, how to attract a following, and promoting your blog to wider audiences.
Build your following by getting others to write for your blog, or writing on theirs.
'Easy reading is damned hard writing.'
Copywriting clients (2010-19)
- Accordia Training Partnership
- Bannisters estate agents
- Hidden Value Partners *
- Holywell Press
- Hunts, Oxford
- Kenning Illustration and Creative Design *
- MD2MD *
- Me Learning
- Milton Park
- MTM Skills Training
- Oxford Capital
- Priddey Marketing
- Shelley Signs *
- Strategic Mentors/Business Astute
- Sylo Associates
- Thinking Training
- TMS Development International *
- Economic and Social Research Council *
- Harper Adams University College *
- Oxford Internet Institute, Oxford University *
- Oxford University Geography Department
- Care Farming UK
- National Union of Journalists
* indicates repeat customer/multiple jobs
What will my copywriting cost? £35/hr – £45/hr