Get fresh ideas & inspiration to improve a document
Convert more leads ... WIN that tender
Consider using a freelance copywriter
Why use a freelance copywriter?
Many organisations/businesses get their brochures, websites and other documents written in-house, by a member of staff. But using a freelance copywriter brings lots of advantages over using someone in-house.
Here are three main reasons for using a freelancer:
(1) We bring a fresh pair of eyes to existing text, and see you from your client's perspective.
(2) We raise the sort of questions your staff are embarrassed to ask.
(3) We enjoy and are experienced at playing with words, working tirelessly to get things 'spot on'.
8 Reasons to use a freelance copywriter (Read my blog)
And 3 reasons to use me
As freelance journalist — who has to master new subjects quickly, write for national audiences, and tailor their writing for different readerships — I can give your project 3 important benefits:
* QUICK TURNAROUND — good at understanding your brief, and the product/service
* CLEAR and SUCCINCT writing — that engages readers
* ADAPTABLE writing style — for whatever your target readers/markets.
Business copywriting services
My repertoire and experience
- bids for funding
- book chapters
- case studies
- project summaries
- tone of voice
- tourist information panels
- tourist information literature (printed and audio)
- training manuals
- website text
Improve your website content/SEO
Reviewing websites, and writing new text, is a major area of my copywriting work. For those starting out and wanting advice, writing web text means achieving 4 objectives:
- Found easily on Google (Search Engine Optimisation, SEO)
- Connects with readers
- Establishes your credibility
- Persuades target customers to BUY.
I write website text/SEO content for lots of organisations. Each year I rewrite the text for 10+ websites, and review 20+ for delegates attending my Writing for the Web training courses. Let me review your website and give you some ideas.
'I would highly recommend Robert.'
'We have used Robert many times and will work with him again when suitable projects come up. I would highly recommend him.' (Rob Shelley - Director of Shelley Signs, Shropshire)
SPECIAL OFFER to new clients
Need help with a blog?
If you are thinking of writing a blog, first think about these issues ... Who you are writing for? What do they want to read about? How will you measure 'success'? Also, think of topics to blog about, and whether others can help you write - so you don't run out of steam, and to ensure your blog keeps going. A key factor in success.
If you are interested, I run a 'Get Blogging' training course, and also an 'Improving your Blog' course.
Drawing on my experience as a freelance journalist, I have good experience that I can share on: spotting topics of interest to readers, how to write engaging content, how to attract a following, and promoting your a blog to wider audiences.
Build your following by getting others to write for your blog, or you on theirs.
... For more blog and writing tips (Read my blog)
'Writing is the hardest work that doesn't involve heavy lifting.'
'Hard writing makes easy reading.'
Copywriting clients (2010-19)
- Accordia Training Partnership
- Bannisters estate agents
- Hidden Value Partners *
- Holywell Press
- Hunts, Oxford
- Kenning Illustration and Creative Design *
- MD2MD *
- Me Learning
- Milton Park
- MTM Skills Training
- Oxford Capital
- Priddey Marketing
- Shelley Signs *
- Strategic Mentors/Business Astute
- Sylo Associates
- Thinking Training
- TMS Development International *
- Economic and Social Research Council *
- Harper Adams University College *
- Oxford Internet Institute, Oxford University *
- Oxford University Geography Department
- Care Farming UK
- National Union of Journalists
* indicates repeat customer/multiple jobs
What will your copywriting cost? £35/hr – £45/hr